Monday, February 27, 2012

June 19, 2009


Sarah, Emily and I went to a used book sale. I gave the girls a budget of $3.00 apiece. Emily picked Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens. She wants to read "Moby Dick" this summer. I told her it's a very thick book. She said "it's about whales and I like animals, so I'll probably enjoy reading it." I suggested she read Cliff Notes first to see if she wants to tackle the entire novel.

We had a 14th birthday party for our dog Sake, who isn't the "picture of health." Sarah, Emily, Kate Lacey and I made cupcakes for the dogs using carrots, oats, applesauce and cream cheese frosting. There were a few dogs in attendance, including Bentley, Buddy the German Short-Haired Pointer, and Misty, an 8-month old Labrador Retriever. Of our guests, Misty did the most damage, destroying 2 beach balls, a yoga ball, and a kiddie swimming pool. The dogs loved the cupcakes. Sake's poop was orange.

On June 19, we just happened to be at a Llama farm. Did you know that Llamas have a hypoallergenic coat? A pregnant llama will spit at her mate for 10 days after conceiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment