Monday, February 27, 2012

April 2007



April 19
Sarah and her classmates are learning about the desert in school. We talked about camel-spitting yesterday.

The Easter Bunny was very generous this year. Sarah said he was very “talented” at hiding the eggs.

Emily and I had a talk after bath time about Harry Birthmark; she bristled at my suggestion that she may want to have it removed when she gets older. Emily asked me what her bellybutton is for. I tried to explain that, too.

Like a modern-day Andy Warhol, Sarah has been collecting “found objects” from the trash and building sculptures and art projects using household garbage. I am having a hard time discouraging this behavior because I used to do the same thing as a child. As a parent, there’s a fine line between “disgusting” and “creative”.

No comments:

Post a Comment